Monday, September 21, 2009

New Family Room Furniture!!!!




Ok, it has been about 8 years since we purchased our sofa/sectional and put in new carpeting.  The sectional was getting pretty thread bare and the recliners didn't work anylonger.  So we decided to look for some new furniture.  I tried all the furniture stores in town... they want at LEAST $700  for a sofa.  Then I remembered that my friends John and Roxanne had gotten a great couch at Big Lots. (sorry if that was supposed to be a secret you two!).  SO, I went to big lots... and guess what??? They have a lot of VERY nice furniture.  AND the sofa's were under $400.  They are made by Simmons.. they are just last years stuff I guess.  Anyway, we are now the proud owners of new furniture! We got a sofa and two big overstuffed chairs and an ottoman. They are SUPER Comfy!  Bekah has already decided they are great reading chairs!




I am thinking that we need a second ottoman... but we LOVE our new room. Now I just need to paint...




6 comments:

tigger said...

I love it!!!

Lynette said...

The look really nice. I love the ottoman.

Just Me said...

It's gorgeous. Love, Love, LOVE the colors!

Mom and Mimi said...

Nettie...is this SCARY or what? this afternoon (Yes!! TODAY!!) I was thinking about you, and thinking that it would be great if you had some new furniture (especially a couch that is not challeging to us short-legged relatives!..you know, one that doesn't make my feet stick straight out like I was a four-year old if I sit clear back...sigh..) And I go out on the Web to see what's going on in Santa Maria, and VIOLA! new furniture. You want I should visualize new carpet, now?
Seriously, if you wait to paint until we get down there mid-October, I can help. Just let me know so I can throw my painting duds into the back of the Pathfinder!

Rebecca Grinder said...

Janette...

check out http://www.pencillines.com/2009/11/sketch-159.html

learned about Pencil Lines though you and your blog...Michelle is using art by Jen and me! Yikes! So crazy!

Kate said...

WOW!! Big Lots huh? Those are SWEET! I might have to check out Big Lots now that our recliner bit the dust!