Monday, May 10, 2010

Where have I been???

Ok so what happened to March and April???  I really didn't drop off the face of the earth.  Let me see if I can bring you up to date.

In March, we had swimming and church stuff. Bekah's 12th birthday came and went and my parents came to visit.

April became our community service month. We started with helping 200 other people from churches all over town paint over graffitti.  Then the next weekend, Hannah did a 30 hour famine to raise money for World Vision AND she helped at the special olympics (while very hungry!).  the 3rd weekend, we helped clean up the high school campus for the Disney "give a day get a day" project. 

Now we are on to May.  Tim and I celebrated our 24th anniversary on the 3rd.  We are going to see James Taylor and Carol King on the 18th as our gift to each other. 
Mother's day was wonderful with lots of me time.

Tim's mom has been having lots of memory issues lately and today the doctor told her she needs to stop driving (an answer to prayer as we also thought she should stop, but didn't want to be the bad guys) so we have now taken up the transportation for her to all her appointments and shopping needs.

Now we are hitting the home stretch of school with about 5 weeks left. 

Whew.. I need a summer vacation!

3 comments:

Mom and Mimi said...

Gee whiz, kiddo! I've missed you! Every time I'd check your blog, and see the headline and the pix of Hannah's first swim meet, I'd think "RATS"...(now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the pictures of Hannah, but I just sorta wanted to see something - ANYTHING - new, you see what I'm saying...?)
And now you've delivered, I'm content, okay? (for two or three weeks, at least....)

Lynette said...

I am amazed how busy you are. It is hard to deal with a failing parent. We were so happy when the Doctor did the same thing with Ray's mom. They don't get nearly as upset.

Rebecca Grinder said...

I missed you too!