Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Letter From Hannah...


Hi Everyone!

God has given me the great opportunity to go and study at the Joshua Wilderness Institute. JWI is an intense 9 month program up at Hume Lake with Theology based curriculum. Joshua's mission statement is "Transforming the Life Effectiveness of God's People". You can go to Joshuawilderness.org and view their full mission statement and 15 core values. Out of this program, I hope to build critical thinking skills, learn life skills necessary for effective practical living, to be challenged to develop convictions to become a person of moral and ethical character, identify and evaluate my personal

philosophy of life, and to discover my calling and central purpose for life.

I will be taking classes such as Elements of the Bible, Christian Life and Ethnics, and Pauline Epistles while attending JWI and be able to put what I learn into practice on mission trips throughout the year. We will be going to places like LA to work with inner city and homeless children, Mexico to work with deaf children, the Dominican Republic to work with the needy and a 2 week trip Israel to actually walk in the places that we have been studying in our Bible classes.  After the 9 month program, I will spend the 2013 summer working at Hume Lake youth camps.

In order for me to attend this program, I am in need of help both spiritually and financially. A very important way for you to help would be to pray for my year. Pray for the finances to be raised, pray for my heart to be open to God’s leading, and pray for our safety on the trips. Your prayers are always welcome. I also ask, if you can, donate to help me pay for the JWI program. I am currently looking for a job to help cover some of the cost and during the year will also have the opportunity to work off some of my tuition by working during the winter season at Hume Lake camps. This will cover about 25% of the $15,000 cost. I will need to raise the remaining $12,000. I will need to raise $4000 by mid July in order to ensure my place at Joshua. I will then need to pay the balance in monthly payments. Are you willing to make a one time gift to help me out? Or maybe you would be willing to donate each month to help cover the $800/month cost from September to May. I do need to send in my $500 deposit in mid May to commit to the program, so I do ask that if you wish to donate that you respond by May 10th.  All donations are considered a gift and unfortunately are not tax deductible.

Thank you so much for your time and support! I look forward to this awesome, life changing journey. God Bless!

                                          Cruce, Libro, Et Arto
                                         The Cross, The Book, and The Plow,

                                          Hannah Elizabeth Pettey

No comments: