Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bekah's new hair!

I have been in agony over Bekah's hair! She broke down sobbing, earlier this summer, about how she hated it! Well, we decided that she could get it relaxed. I have been dreading this day... I LOVE her cute and curly hair. But, it isn't MY hair, and I don't want her so sad about her curls. So, today was THE DAY! I couldn't sleep most of last night, and this morning, I tried again to talk her out of it. She, on the other hand, bounced out of bed SO EXCITED! So, we headed over to Joanne's to get her hair relaxed. She was beaming as she sat down in the chair.

She was so good. She sat still and didn't even yell at Joanne when she tugged on it (she regularly yells at me to stop hurting her when I comb out her hair!)


I was really surprised to find out how long her hair really was! I think Joanne must have cut off at least 4 inches!


After it was all over (about 2 hours) I bought her a new lip gloss and then tried to get one good picture of the new do... I snapped about 6 and this was the best one, but still she has a goofy smile... so,imagine the same smile as the first picture and the hair in this last picture.

I am still not used to the way she looks, but she hasn't quit smiling yet! J.

August 15, 2006 | Permalink
Comments
Aw, she looks GORGEOUS! They did a great job!

Posted by: Lynn Decker | August 15, 2006 at 01:21 PM

Bravo!!!! She looks completely happy with with it. Actually she doesn't have that shy, bashful Bekah look in the "after" picture, but looks like a confident young girl.:-) On the flip side- she doesn't look like she's 8 years old anymore with the Cindy Brady braids. :-(

Posted by: Mishal Wood | August 15, 2006 at 10:35 PM

Her hair is gorgeous! OMG! She is a beautiful girl! Hope daddy is ready for when she starts dating!

Posted by: Cathy Compeau | September 08, 2006 at 10:22 AM

No comments: