Saturday, June 9, 2007

Childhood Friends...

So I have been googling names of people I grew up with and went to college with... I am finding out lots of stuff! I got a college degree and then proceeded not to use it too much, but my friend Ron went on to get his Masters and Doctorate and is now the VP of a company in Portland and teaches at the University there. We used to hang out together trying to figure out Physics and Calc as freshmen at TVCC... I am so proud of him!
My friend, Lisa and I met in 7th grade...we were best buds in Jr. High and High school... she went on the get a PhD and teaches at a University. She studied Basque Dance. She was a beautiful dancer and I am sure she is just as graceful now. She taught me to say a sentence in Basque when we were in 7th grade... something like "shut up! Do you want a slap in the face?" I still pull it out.. at least what I REMEMBER it to be... to make my kids laugh, but I am sure that I am butchering that wonderful language everytime I say it! Anyway, Way to go LISA! You make me proud!
For the rest of you... beware... my googling is just getting started... I may run across your name soon!
Oh and by the way... if you google my name you will find out that unbeknown to even myself I am some sort of Health Safety Expert on the east coast!

No comments: