Thursday, July 10, 2008

Quick Update

So, we left my parents this morning (thanks for all the good food, sleep and fun, Mom and Dad!) and drove to Lehi Utah. The kids are in the pool at the hotel, Tim is down there reading the paper, and I thought that I would get online awhile. I was able to get some internet at mom and dad's since someone in their neighborhood had unsecure wireless, but the signal was really weak and didn't allow much. I have pictures to post, but they are in my camera which is in the car. I am too lazy to go outside, so I will post pictures later!
We are on our way to Colorado (Gunnison tomorrow night and then Horn Creek on Saturday) and glad that the driving is over for this day.
Let's see.. we left off on the fourth. Well, the kids went fishing again and snagged another 20! So we cooked 20, and froze the other 23 to bring home and gave some to Grandma. After dinner, we decided to go watch the fire works. They are shot at the other end of the lake and if you go down there, you find yourself in a HUGE trafic jam coming back (only one way in and out of the resort, so you are in a 6 mile long line coming into the camp.) Anyway, we drove half way aroung the lake, pulled off and my brother scouted out a place to sit... we just had to jump a fence (ok, I am vertically challenged and climbing a 6 foot gate is not easy!), so we got all our stuff out of the car and just as we walked up to the gate, a guy comes and unlocks it. So Dad asked him if he minded us walking up and sitting on the hillside. He gave us the thumbs up and we had GREAT seats. We only had to climb the gate on the way out, as the guy had locked it back up behind us.
Saturday, we were just bumming around and Hannah said that she wanted to go up on the tram. I walked over to find out about tickets and they said they were having issues and were closed for the day. Here is the story.. 150 people were stranded on top.. really glad that we hadn't been more on the ball and gotten on the tram in the morning!http://www.wallowacountychieftain.info/main.asp?SectionID=9&SubSectionID=61&ArticleID=16341

We drove back to Mom and Dad's on Sunday (and said goodbye to my brother's family and my sister) and then kicked back at their house until this morning. I really enjoy sitting on my folk's patio and watching the humming birds and flowers. Very relaxing. So far this trip, I have read 6 books and slept in several mornings. GREAT relaxing time! The kids kept Dadad busy playing games, and Tim took them Golfing a few times!

I will try to update from Colorado at least once! Later.

No comments: