Monday, July 17, 2006

The Journey- Days 3 and 4

Day 3- The Starbucks Incident - so ok, Tim needs to get a Starbucks fix before we get on the road. We get to the drive thru Starbucks and are concerned about the height of the car with the kids bikes on top... so we miss the place to order. Now we are in line with no order placed... awkward.. so the girls tell Tim to back up to the microphone (which by the way is at the other end of a horseshoe bend in the driveway) so he puts it in reverse and starts to back up. We get just almost to where we need to be and another car pulls up to the microphone! SO, we drive back toward the pick up window, still no order placed. We get to the window and the guy is polite, but obviously amused by the "tourists". So, Tim places his order and we are conversing in the car. Hannah throws something at the back of Tim's head. He reaches around and grabs out the sticky adhesive that had been on some object she just purchased. Meanwhile, the Starbucks guy reappears, and is standing there with a drink out stretched to Tim who doesn't see the Starbucks guy because he is saying "eewww! its a booger!!!!!!!!!". The look on the Starbucks guys face is PRICELESS! I jab Tim and tell him to take his drink and we speed off... good thing we don't have to see that guy ever again! We laughed until we cried for the next 10 minutes... Doesn't take much to amuse us! Ok, so really day three is driving to our Friends in Fresno. Fresno is HOT! It was over 108 when we got to their house. We immediately got in the pool!



Day 4- So today, the weather in Fresno is HOT... supposed to be 110 degrees. SO, I head to the pool. The kids are content to stay indoors and play hide and seek and video games. So, I have the pool to myself and I am lounging on a floating mattress. I contemplate my life. After that (which took just a few minutes... I am boring!) I decide that I LOVE where we live! However, while I am in the pool, listening to the birds, rocking on the water, I decided that if God ever wanted to move us to a place that is warm enough to have a pool (and CHEAP enough so we could afford one) that I would love that place too! We are heading out tomorrow to drive to Utah. Our destination is Springvale Utah (just outside of Zion National Park)... more later. J.

July 17, 2006 Permalink
Comments
That's classic...and since I know your family so well, I have no problem visualizing the whole incident!!! jr

Posted by: Julie July 19, 2006 at 11:46 AM

Janette-
I love your blog. Sounds like you and your family are having a wonderful adventure. Make sure you visit Zion, it is AMAZING!!! One of my favorite places in the world. I've started my own blog, check it out... mom2miles.typepad.com.
Hope to see you soon. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Karen Ebner

Posted by: Karen July 20, 2006 at 09:37 AM

No comments: