Monday, July 10, 2006

My Destiny...

guess that I am destined to have girly girls... me, the no makeup, jeans and t-shirt woman, has 2 girly girls!!!!

Here are two of my latest experiences with the girlyness of it all...

Saturday, we undo Bekah's braids to wash her hair. She looks in the mirror and says "I like my hair down like this!" and "Let's not braid it this time" ... so, we don't braid. She goes to bed with all the moisturizers and product in her beautifully springy hair... next morning... Not so beautifully springy, just BIG! She says "Well, this isn't what I wanted!" and breaks into tears. I try putting all the product in her hair again and pull it into the cutest curly ponytail ever... she is sobbing and saying things like "It looks like I have another head!"... SO, long story short... we are making an appointment for my 8 year old to go to the salon and have her hair relaxed! Me, I would have just cut my hair short and gone with it, but she is much more concerned about what her hair looks like (I don't think at 8 I even combed my hair very much!) Granted, it is not me that has the kinky hair, so I just dial the number and make the appointment. :o)

Ok, and the other experience... Today, Hannah, who is almost 12 and going into 7th grade, invites 5 girls to go with her to Jr. High youth group at church tonight. Thank goodness only 2 can make it... the shrieks and giggles are about to send me over the edge... AND we haven't even gotten in the car yet to go! Help me! I am never going to survive all this giggling! That is it for now.. wish me luck, say a little prayer, maybe I will live to post again! J.

July 10, 2006 | Permalink

No comments: