Monday, January 10, 2011

My New Project... Project Life

In 2011, I am going to participate in PROJECT LIFE.. basically, it is a photo a day.  Pictures of my ordinary daily life kinds of things with lifes special moments throw in as well.  For instance, on Sunday, our lives pretty much revolves around church.. so you might see pictures of things at church that we see every week and take for granted.  So come along on my journey and see my life through the lens of my camera.  I will try to post at least once a week, but maybe more.


January 1- Happy New year!  We had our freinds the Hoffman's come over from Fresno to celebrate the new year with us.  We have been celebrating with them for several years now.. so it is our "tradition".  Here are the girls, Kelsey, Kirsten, Bekah and Hannah just after the ball dropped on Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's eve...

January 2-  Kiwi loves the Christmas tree.  She loves to hang out under it.  I am not sure what the appeal is, but it becomes her favorite spot while it is up.



Jan. 3-  We get our children every toy and electronic thing known to man.. so what do I see when I look out the kitchen window?  Bekah and her friends.. sitting on the curb playing in the mud... really?

Jan.4- My friend Julie gave me these slipper/boots for my birthday in November.  I am really enjoying them during the extra cold winter days.. well ok, so in California "extra cold" isn't extreme but I am freezing on the days it doesn't make it to 60 degrees!



Jan. 5-  This year, I am the PTSA Auditor for Orcutt Junior High School.  I am responsible to check the books 2 times this year to see if all the i's have been dotted and t's crossed and that the books balance.


Jan.6- Today a miracle occurred!!! I had to got to the DMV to look into my renewed license.. I was in and out of the DMV in 15 minutes flat!  Our DMV is notorious for 2 and 3 HOUR waits.. so I felt very blessed indeed!


Jan.7-  Just before Christmas, I saw a perfect dining room set at Costco.  I talked my husband into going to buy it after Christmas, but they were sold out.  Last night, I called Costco and they were back in stock.  We went to buy it.. but I don't know what we were thinking!  It was 5 huge boxes and only one would fit in my little SUV.  We called on our friend Greg to come with his small pickup and help.. but only 3 boxes would fit in his truck!  So Tim and Greg made one trip to our house while I stood out in the parking lot with the other two boxes and read a book.. it was FREEZING and DARK!  I got several weird looks and an offer to help... today we rearranged stuff and now my new dining room set looks FABULOUS!

Jan.8- Kiwi loves to sleep in a sunbeam.  She goes out of her way to find them.  Today, I found her in the dirty towel hamper which happened to be in the sun!

Jan.9- Today Bekah and I were at church getting ready to watch the toddlers.  I noticed that Bekah matched the Zebras painted on the wall!

2 comments:

~BridgetL~ said...

great pictures to start off your Project life. Good luck :)

Rebecca Grinder said...

LOVE the new pictures and blog post! Great to see someone I know do Project 365! Hugs and missing you all!